Right that’s it, I can’t hold back anymore. I’m banging out the Autumn everything… clothes, nails and LIPS.
Autumn is my favourite time of year (apart from Christmas of course), and probably the best part of the year when it comes to style. All those lovely plum, khaki and camel shades are so flattering and it just feels so cosy to throw on a nice big knit.
But today I’m talking Autumn lip colours. Gone are the flaming corals of summer, check out the low down on my favourite fall picks…
- I’ll start off by easing you in on a matte nude… It’s MAC’s Velvet Teddy. I think the whole world and his wife might already own this by now but it’s still a winner in my eyes and the matte texture of this makes it perfect for autumn. At the end of the day, this is still a nude colour but on my lips it comes out as a deep beige and gives a nod to the 90’s lip trend everyone’s gone mad for. Perfect to pair with your favourite choker and crop top.
- Again, I’m not going straight in with the dark dark plums here, it’s MAC‘s Twig. This is a gorgeous transitional shade, a step away from a traditional nude, it comes out as a sort of browny pink shade – very flattering – and is from their Satin finish range, leaving a subtle shine once applied. My lovely friend bought me this for Secret Santa last year as she knew how much I loved it on her and now that there’s a chill in the air, I can’t wait to start wearing it again.
- Ok, now i’m pulling out the big guns. I’m going in with Kylie Jenner‘s Candy K. If you’ve been lucky enough to get your hands on one of these babies, you’ll know that their staying power is second to none. I apply the lip liner all over the lip to give the liquid lip colour something to hold on to and BAM, there it stays all day long. I’ve even put this to the test over a Yaki Soba at Wagamama’s and we all know how messy that can get. In the tube, this looks fairly nude but once applied and set, this turns in to a lovely deep mauve shade and I LOVE IT.
- Finally going a bit deeper and darker, one of my all time favourites, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the shade Cruella. Just as you might image Cruella de Vil to wear herself, this is a dark, sinful red. The longevity of this is amazing and is so easy to apply due to it being essentially a chunky, fat lip pencil. I basically want to go and buy all the colours in this range.
- Here we go… this one is bold. MAC Media. Again from their Satin range, this is a powerful reddish plum and is THE ULTIMATE autumn lip colour. The girl at the Mac counter that sold me this recommended Burgundy lip pencil to go with it, but I actually find that the Currant lip pencil shade works better – your call.
So there we go. I can’t wait for an excuse to wear ALL of these now. Do you have any favourite lip picks for Autumn that I need to know about?!